Shalimar Spice Garden
At a Glance
• Situated amidst spice gardens bordering the Periyar wildlife reserve in countryside landscape
• Majestic views of Periyar river and sunset and sunrise
• Resort offers 07 premium category rooms, 11 plush cottages and 02 honeymoon cottages with air-conditioning and exquisite furniture
• Swimming pool, Multi-cuisine restaurant, Ayurveda Spa and Yoga center
• Swimming pool
• Multi-cuisine restaurant and well-stocked Bar
• Round the clock security
• Spacious green lawns and Indoor games for children
• Yoga Center
• Ayurveda Spa
• For all activities at Periyar Tiger Reserve, guests should report at least 5 minutes prior to schedule timings. Tickets are not refundable in case of late report or last minute cancellation.
• Nature walks around Periyar Forest Reserve: The three hour walk takes you around the five km long diverse habitat and trekking slopes of Periyar jungle reserve where one can spot wildlife and exotic birds in abundance. The trail passes through deciduous forest and marshy grasslands.
• Jungle scout: The three hour night trail takes you around the eco development zones of the tiger reserve escorted by night patrolling armed forest guards. One needs to be physically and mentally sound to undertake this trek in the wilderness.
• Boat cruise of Periyar Lake: Embark on a one hour magical boat cruise on Periyar Lake and experience the glorious bounty of nature in God’s own country as you watch in awe the flora and fauna of the region during the trip.
Munnar: 86 km
Kumarakom: 127 km
Trivandrum: 221 km
Kochi: 158 km