Philipkutty Farm House
At a Glance
• Situated in Kumarakom 65 km away from Kochi amidst mystic surroundings of Kerala countryside
• An idyllic getaway offering fascinating views of backwaters of Vembanad lake and sunset and sunrise
• Spacious villas are exquisitely furnished and offer all modern amenities for a pleasant stay
• Retreat offers host of activities like sunset cruise in country boat on open backwaters, Canal cruise through narrow canals, bird watching tour, biking in countryside, cookery classes
• Wi-Fi, Refrigerator, Electric Kettle, in each room
• Generator back up
• Dining hall
• Well manicured lawns
• Doctor on call
• Canal cruise through the narrow, winding canals on a motor boat offers a glimpse of the unique backwater villages and countryside living.
• Day trip to Kumarakom bird sanctuary where one can sight domestic and migratory birds in abundance.
• Escorted tour with the hosts to the learn about farming below lake level and how the different crops are cultivated.
• Nature walks in the surroundings and bicycle tour of the countryside to explore the paddy fields, coconut groves and nearby village and local market on the mainland.
• Visit to St. Mary’s parish church at Vechoor. This is an old Syrian Catholic church with a history dating back to over 500 years.
• Visit to the local temples in the village and Vaikom Siva temple, the biggest and most famous in the area.
• Yoga classes by an experienced Yoga master available for sessions both for the beginner and more experienced practitioners.
• Cookery classes are organized by the hosts for in-house guests to teach them the art of cooking traditional south Indian delicacies.
Alleppey: 27 km
Kottayam: 20 km