Glenburn Tea Estate
At a Glance
• A heritage twin bungalow accommodation started by a Scottish tea company in 1859 situated amidst green surroundings and offering warm hospitality to its guests
• Majestic views of Kanchenjunga and sunset and sunrise from the rooms with large bay windows
• The two bungalows have four suites each with common areas, gardens, verandahs and terraces
• Spacious living area, Multi-cuisine dining hall, Fire place, Electric blankets
• Multi-cuisine dining hall
• Spacious living area and gardens
• Doctor on call
• Campsite rustic experience in the middle of wilderness by staying in a two bedroom lodge that offers splendid views of the forest and the river. Ideal for adventure lovers and bird watchers.
• Hiking in the form nature walks downhill is an exotic experience offering breathtaking views of flora and fauna of the region.
• Fishing trip to river Rangeet that includes a hike, picnic and transport. Best fishing is from October -May along a 4-6 km stretch of river, although Mahseer fishing is best in April, May and early June.
• Cookery classes at Glenburn offer an opportunity to the in-house guests to experiment with traditional north-east cuisine by preparing dishes under the expert guidance of the cook.
Gangtok: 97 km
Silliguri: 65 km
Bagdogra: 66 km